Scheduled Demo Groups
Demonstrations for organizations and groups are welcome but need to be scheduled by calling the gallery at 817.251.1668. Demonstrations are $3 per person with a $50 minimum. All group sizes are welcome, but groups over 30 or 35 may need to be divided into rotating sessions.
Help us make your group’s visit a positive experience:
- In order to book your event you will have to pay a deposit of 1/2 of the total cost of your event. We ask that you kindly pay the remaining balance when you arrive.
Because Vetro is a fully functioning production studio, we ask that you arrive on time. Late arrivals may need to be rescheduled.
- If you need to cancel for any reason, please provide us with at least 24 hours notice. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, a processing fee of $5 will be deducted from your refund. If you fail to notify us before 10am the day BEFORE your reservation, your payment will be non-refundable. We will NOT be able to reschedule nor provide a refund for no-shows. Alcohol consumption is prohibited during your appointment; intoxicated customers will be canceled without refund.
- If you carry a large bag, backpack or purse, please be aware of your surroundings while near the gallery merchandise.
- Children tend to rise to the occasion. Briefly practicing proper “gallery browsing” prior to your arrival will help ease your nerves. (We love to educate children about art, so they are always welcome!)
- Students (and adults) can use “The Art of Glassblowing” section of this site as well as the Vetro Video Library for learning about glassblowing before arriving and for reviewing what they’ve learned after
- As you will see, the artists work extremely hard. Please consider expressing your gratitude with a contribution. All tips go directly to the studio artists working that particular day.
HELP-CREATE GLASS ARTWORK
Art Glass Experience:
Each participant will help create their own artwork with molten glass. Each attendee will chose 2-3 colors from a selection of several colors for their glass artwork. The glassblowers assisting them will get the first gather of glass. The participant will be able to apply their chosen colors and help reheat the artwork. The last gather of glass and final shaping will be done by the glassblower.
Art Glass Choices (max of two different styles):
Paperweight: $50 per person – [max 10 people per hour]
Flared Bowls: $65 per person – [max 10 people per hour]
Hearts: $50 per person – [max 10 people per hour]
Christmas Ornaments: $50 per person – [max 10 people per hour]
Flower: $45 per person – [max 10 people per hour]
Notes and Details:
• A minimum of 15 pieces of artwork must be created.
• Help Create packages are offered Tuesday – Saturday 10am to 6pm. Please call the Gallery at 817-251-1668 to check availability.
• Minimum age of 14 years.
• Vetro will not be able to book and or schedule your event without a 50% down deposit.
• Cancellation of your event must be made 7 days prior for a full refund – $200 will be withheld if your event is not canceled within this time frame.
• All glass artwork will take 48 hours to cool down, grind and polish. Shipping is not included in the above pricing.
• Each piece of artwork will be individually wrapped or boxed and labeled with each participant’s name.
Please make sure to bring your camera and capture your molten glass memories!
Once your Art Glass styles are chosen we can create the finalized contract. Our Artists look forward to working with you. Let’s create something beautiful together!