Vetro Glassblowing Studio & Fine Art Gallery
Traditional has no reservations, first come first serve!
Bring the whole family to the Vetro Studio for a fun and unique experience. Our Ornament Help-Creates are great photo opportunities where memories and traditions are made! Details Below!
Price: $30 (plus tax) per ornament – First Come, First Serve ONLY – reservations are NOT required nor will be taken.
Traditional Ornament Help Create Schedule 2019
- Saturday, November 23, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. until: 700 p.m.
Thursday, November 28, 2019 – CLOSED THANKSGIVING
- Saturday, November 30, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. until: 700 p.m.
- Sunday, December 1, 2019 – 12:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 6, 2019 – 2:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 – 12:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 13, 2019 – 4:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 15, 2019 – 12:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 19, 2019 – 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 20, 2019 – 2:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 21, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 22, 2019 – 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 23, 2019 – 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, December 24, 2019 – CLOSED (CHRISTMAS EVE)
Wednesday, December 25, 2019 – CLOSED (CHRISTMAS)
Sunday, December 29, 2019 – VETRO CLOSED
Monday, December 30, 2019 – VETRO CLOSED
Tuesday, January 31, 2019 – VETRO CLOSED (NEW YEARS EVE)
Wednesday, January 1, 2020 – VETRO CLOSED (NEW YEARS DAY)
- Gallery Check-in at the front desk where you will fill out a walk-in form Ornament Help Create Form and sign persistent waver forms
- Pay for your ornaments prior to making them in the gallery
- Entering Studio you then will be directed into the studio where the glassblowers will call you up as the line processed to Help Create your glass piece
- You select colors from our Six pre-selected color palettes of glass
- You apply the colors to the Hot Molten Glass gather
- Watch the glassblowing artists finish creating your ornament right before your very eyes.
- Pick-up glass piece the next business day after 3:00 p.m. or have it shipped for an additional fee
- Kids of all ages are welcome to participate (children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in the gallery and in the studio at all times).
- Traditional ornament Help Creates will be taking place during the given dates and times, typically the first hour is a higher traffic volume. We ask in order to have enough time to create your Ornaments that you check-in no later than 30 minutes prior to gallery closing times.
Due to the nature of glass, there is a possibility that your glass art piece could break or crack during the cooling process. If this happens, we have three different options:
(1) You may choose out of the Help Create color mixes and your artwork will be created for you.
(2) You may choose the same type of art glass piece from Vetro’s gallery.
(3) You may come back during a Traditional Help Create event and re-make your art glass piece!
What to Wear/Bring:
- We recommend all clothing to be cotton
- Closed-tipped shoes (i.e. tennis shoes)
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
- Sunglasses if you are sensitive to light
- Vetro’s Studio + Gallery will be CLOSED Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Sunday, December 29th, Monday 30th, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day so our hardworking staff can spend the holidays with their families and friends!
- Sunday’s in Decmeber: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Closed Every Monday Except:
- Monday, December 16th 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 23rd 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s, Thursday’s 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday’s – Saturday’s 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Subject to change during the holiday season)
- Vetro’s parking lot becomes a Winter Wonderland during the month of December due to Grapevine’s “North Pole Express”. If you wish to “Help Make Your Own Ornament” or just browse through the Fine Art Glass Gallery for that “One-of-a-Kind Hand-blown Gifts,” feel free to park behind the Studio under the Glassblowing Sign-on Hudgins Street, or just across Main Street.
Grapevine/ Main Street Station – Parking Garage:
- 801 S Main St, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Grapevine-Main Street station, also known as Main Street Depot, is a train station in Grapevine, Texas. The station is currently served by the TEXRail commuter rail line and the Grapevine Vintage Railroad.)
- Call the following number for parking fees (817) 215-8600
On the weekends during the North Pole Express, a shuttle service will also be available. Free shuttles run continuously from the free parking at the Grapevine Convention Center to the North Pole Express.
Parking with Free Shuttles provided at this location:
- 1201 Municipal Way (Grapevine Public Library)
*Designated Parking area is to the east of the reserved Library patron parking.
Parking without Shuttle provided at these locations:
- 815 S. Main St (corner of Main Street & Dallas Road)
- 400 W. Dallas Rd (across the street from the Police Department)
Handicap Parking is available at these locations:
- 814 S. Main St., Chill Sports Bar & Grill
- 815 S. Main St., corner of Main Street and Dallas Road
For a bigger color selection and more participation with your ornament’s creation, you may be interested in our…
Click here for more information!
Reservations are available during other times of the week for groups with a minimum of 15 or more. Please call the Vetro Gallery for to schedule your group’s Christmas Help Create Events at 817-251-1668.
Watch the video below and see how you can be a part of the “World of Glassblowing”
Help Create Ornaments