Vetro is celebrating Summer Superheroes with fire and flames! Children and adults of all ages may come and choose from our 5 pre-selected color mixes, apply your color to the molten glass, tweezer twist the glass to create a unique one-of-a-kind design and then watch while the glassblowers sculpt your glass Superhero Paperweight!
Wait! Don’t forget… We said Superhero Paperweight! Come fight the heat, fire, and flames while wearing your favorite Superhero outfit! You will then be granted one Vetro Superhero, “Kryptonite” Glass Shard to take home with you!
Reservations are required!!! ALL AGES WELCOME!
To Register Click on the link below:Online Registration has closed! Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Pricing: Glass Paperweight Help Create $50.00 (plus tax) per glass piece
Participation & Costumes Rules:
Where: Vetro Glassblowing Studio & Fine Art Gallery
When: Only on June 15th & June 22nd during the Superhero Paperweight Help Create
Participation Requirements: Must PURCHASE a Superhero Paperweight Help Create time slot and COME DRESSED in COSTUME to CREATE your paperweight! Afterward, you will be granted your very own unique Vetro “Kryptonite” Glass Shard and then be photographed for our social media!
How: During your gallery check-in process each persistent with appropriate costumes will be given one ticket per- time slot that can be redeemed for one glass shard.
Superhero Paperweight Help Create Process:
- Register online, pre-pay for your booked time slot.
- Come out to Vetro Glassblowing Studio 15 minutes prior to your reservation time to sign your waiver.
- Choose from a selection of 6 color mixes
- Apply your own color to the hot molten glass gather
- You heat the color in the 2,000-degree furnace (14+yrs)
- You stay by the artist while he/she sculpts and shapes your Glass Paperweight
- Pick up your glass artwork the following business day after 3:00 p.m. The gallery is open Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and closed Sunday and Monday or you may have it shipped for an additional fee.
- Should you need to cancel, we must be notified by 10 a.m. the day BEFORE your reservation.
- A Processing Fee of $10.00 will be deducted from each of your time slots for your refund. Should you need to reschedule a $5.00 processing fee will apply to each time slot.
- Time slots for creating glass are limited because of the space we have in the annealers. We want to make it fair to all our glass, loving patrons so we have built in a stick cancellation policy.
- Please keep in mind that all notifications after 10 a.m. the day before your scheduled date are non-refundable and will not be rescheduled.
- Should you miss your appointment you may contact the gallery and let our studio staffs know the color you would like to choose out of the Help Create color mixes and your product item will be created for you.
Important to Note:
- Pieces made on Saturday can be picked up after 3 p.m. the following Tuesday or any other day during Gallery hours; the glass pieces must cool for at least 24 hours. The gallery is open Tuesday-Saturday 10a.m.-6p.m. and closed Sunday and Monday.
- Due to the nature of glass, there is a possibility that your glass art piece could break or crack during the cooling process. If this happens, one of the gallery employees will call with two different options: (1) one of our glassblowers can re-make the glass art piece and you can pick it up or have it shipped (for an additional fee); (2) you may choose an like item from the pre-made glass pieces in the gallery (3) you can schedule a time to come back to the Vetro Studio and re-make your art piece!
- Kids of all ages welcome to observe; under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Kids under 14 years of age may choose and apply the color but will not be allowed to get close to the furnaces.
What to Wear/Bring:
- We recommend all clothing to be cotton
- Long pants recommended
- Closed-tipped shoes (i.e. tennis shoes)
- No billowy sleeves
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
- Sunglasses if you are sensitive to light
Browse and shop from a wide variety of Vetro Art Glasses, these items are perfect take-home items and make great gifts or souvenirs.