Vetro Glassblowing Studio & Fine Art Gallery
St. Patrick’s Day – Hot Glass, Cold Brew!
Vetro is celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day Saturday, March 18th! Come play with fire as you help create your own Beer Glass and then, of course, partake in some fine ales! Kids are welcome to assist with the color application; it’s a great photo op! Workshop highlights are below.
Not available to help make your own glass? No worries! We will also have a stock of beer glasses ready for purchase and for toasting to St. Patty’s Day! Quantities are limited.
TO REGISTER FOR A TIME SLOT PLEASE CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK!
***March 18th 1p.m. – 7p.m.*** (Closed Registration)
Pricing: $75.00 (plus tax) per beer glass. Workshop includes 2 complimentary servings of beer and light snacks. (Soda and water also available.)
- You select colors from five pre-selected mixes
- You apply the colors to the hot molten glass gather
- You heat the colors in the 2,000 degree furnace (14+ yrs)
- You stay by the artist while he/she blows out your Beer Glass
- Allow approximately 15 minutes for check-in
- Allow approximately 15 minutes for color selection, and creating your Imperial Beer Glass
Important to Note:
- Your glass must cool overnight. Glasses may be picked up the next business day after 3p.m. Closed Sun & Mon; open Tues-Sat 10a.m.-6p.m.
- Due to the nature of glass, there is a possibility that your glass art piece could break or crack during the cooling process. If this happens, one of the gallery employees will call with two different options: (1) one of our glassblowers can re-make the glass art piece and you can pick it up or have it shipped (for an additional fee); (2) you can schedule a time to come back to the Vetro Studio and re-make your art piece!
- Kids of all ages welcome to observe; under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Adults must be 21 years of age or older to drink; please bring your ID.
What to Wear/Bring:
- We recommend all clothing to be cotton
- Long pants recommended
- Closed-tipped shoes (i.e. tennis shoes)
- No billowy sleeves
- Hat or headband
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
Cancellation policy: Should you need to cancel, we must be notified by 10a.m. the day BEFORE your reservation. A Processing Fee of $10.00 will be deducted from your refund. Should you need to reschedule a $5.00 processing fee will apply. Time slots for creating glass are limited because of the space we have in the annealers. We want to make it fare to all our glass, loving patrons. Please keep in mind that all notifications after 10a.m. the day before your scheduled date are non-refundable. Please drink responsibly; intoxicated customers will be canceled without refund.
Stocked Beer Glasses: If you are not interested in helping to make your own glass, come celebrate St. Patty’s Day with a toast anyways! We will have “pre-made” Hand-blown Beer Glasses available for purchase; each glass comes with 1 complimentary fill of a locally brewed craft beer. Prices for this one of a kind pre-made beer glass ranges from $55-$75 in the Gallery.
- Pre-made Beer Glasses with handles are available for sale in the Gallery, but NOT during “Help Create” sessions
- No reservations are required for purchasing a pre-made hand-blown beer glass
- Quantities are limited
- Must be 21 years of age or older to drink – we will check ID’s