Vetro Glassblowing Studio & Fine Art Gallery
BE A GLASSBLOWER FOR MOTHER’S DAY!
Vetro is celebrating Mother’s Day with fire and flame! Join us on Saturday, April 29th and Friday, May 5th as we celebrate the mothers we love and help us do what we do best…play with fire! Come and assist our glassblowers as they create your hand-blown, glass Flared Bowl!
***Saturday, April 29th 10:00a.m. to 6:00p.m. – Booked
***Friday, May 5th 2:00p.m. to 5:00p.m.*** – Booked
***Saturday, May 13th 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m.*** – Booked
Pricing: Mother’s Day – Help Make a glass Flared Bowl: $65.00 (plus tax) per bowl
- Gallery Check-in at the front desk and sign participant waivers
- Entering Studio you then will be directed into the studio where the glassblowers will call you up during your time slot to Help Create your glass piece
- Choose from a selection of 5 color schemes
- Apply your own color to the molten glass
- Heat assisting glassblowers with melting the color into the clear glass on the blow pipe (14 years and older)
- Watch while the artist shapes your Flared Bowl
- Pick up your glass artwork the following business day after 3:00 p.m.
Important to Note:
- Pieces made on Saturday can be picked up after 3p.m. the following Tuesday or any other day during Gallery hours; the glass pieces must cool for at least 24 hours. The summer gallery hours will start May 1st. The gallery is open Tuesday-Saturday 10a.m.-5p.m. and closed Sunday and Monday.
- Due to the nature of glass, there is a possibility that your glass art piece could break or crack during the cooling process. If this happens, one of the gallery employees will call with two different options: (1) one of our glassblowers can re-make the glass art piece and you can pick it up or have it shipped (for an additional fee); (2) you may choose an like item from the premade glass pieces in the gallery (3) you can schedule a time to come back to the Vetro Studio and re-make your art piece!
- Kids of all ages welcome to observe; under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Kids under 14 years of age may choose and apply the color but will not be allowed to get close to the furnaces.
What to Wear/Bring:
- We recommend all clothing to be cotton
- Long pants recommended
- Closed-tipped shoes (i.e. tennis shoes)
- No billowy sleeves
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
- Sunglasses if you are sensitive to light
Should you need to cancel, we must be notified by 10a.m. the day BEFORE your reservation. A Processing Fee of $10.00 will be deducted from each time slot of your bookings. Should you need to reschedule a $5.00 processing fee will apply. Time slots for creating glass are limited because of the space we have in the annealers. We want to make it fare to all our glass, loving patrons. Please keep in mind that all notifications after 10a.m. the day before your scheduled date are non-refundable. Please drink responsibly; intoxicated customers will be canceled without refund.
If you are unable to make it out for our Help Create Mother’s Day Bowls, you can show up at out Help Create Flower’s
RESERVATIONS are NOT needed!!!
For more information please click the date below:
Pricing: Mother’s Day – Help Make a Glass Flower: $30.00 (plus tax) per flower
Browse and shop from a wide variety of Vetro Studio created Glass Items and Consignment Artist works. These glass pieces can add an whole new element of elegance and make any exceptional women in your life feel special.
Mother's Day Help Create Bowls