Bring the whole family to the Vetro Studio for a fun and unique experience. Our Ornament Help-Creates are great photo opportunities where memories and traditions are made! Due to the overwhelming SUCCESS of Vetro’s Extreme Ornament Experience in 2017 that goes beyond our Traditional Ornaments, we continue our Extreme Ornament Making Blowout!
Price: $50 (plus tax) per ornament – Reservations Required Below
Extreme Ornament Help Create
- Friday, November 17, 2017 – 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Saturday, November 18, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00p.m. SOLD OUT
- Friday, November 24, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
Extreme Ornament Help Create
- Friday, December 1, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Thursday, December 7, 2017 – 3:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- *** Because of the weekday demand of Extreme Ornament making we are adding this event date and times to the calendar!!! If you are coming out to the Grapevine Christmas Parade stop in and create your Extreme Ornament first!!! Great way to top of your Christmas experience in Grapevine Texas!!!
- Friday, December 8, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 – 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Thursday, December 14, 2017 – 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Friday, December 15, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Monday, December 18, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Wednesday, December 20, 2017 –10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Thursday, December 21, 2017 –10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Friday, December 22, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 – 10a.m. – 1p.m. (CHRISTMAS EVE) SOLD OUT
- Wednesday, December 27, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Wednesday, December 27, 2017 – 2:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Thursday, December 28, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Thursday, December 28, 2017 – 2:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Friday, December 29, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Friday, December 29, 2017 – 2:30 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Saturday, December 30, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. SOLD OUT
- Gallery Check-in at the front desk where you will confirm your online reservation and sign persistent waver forms
- Entering Studio you then will be directed into the studio where the glassblowers will call you up in the order you have signed in in the gallery and by your online booked time slot
- You select colors from our entire color palette of glass
- You apply the colors to the Hot Molten Glass gather
- You heat the colors in the 2,000-degree furnace (14+ yrs)
- You stay by the artist while he/she blows out the ornament and adds a glass hook
- Pick-up glass piece the next business day after 3pm or have it shipped for an additional fee
Should you need to cancel, we must be notified by 10a.m. the day BEFORE your reservation. A Processing Fee of $10.00 will be deducted from each of your time slots for your refund. Should you need to reschedule a $5.00processing fee will apply to each time slot. Time slots for creating glass are limited because of the space we have in the annealers. We want to make it fair to all our glass, loving patrons. Please keep in mind that all notifications after 10a.m. the day before your scheduled date are non-refundable and will not be rescheduled. Should you miss your appointment you may contact the gallery and let our studio staff know the color you would like to choose out of the Help Create color mixes and your product item will be created for you. Please drink responsibly; intoxicated customers will be canceled without refund.
- Due to the nature of glass, there is a possibility that your glass art piece could break or crack during the cooling process. If this happens, one of the gallery employees will call with two different options: (1) one of our glassblowers can re-make the glass art piece and you can pick it up or have it shipped (for an additional fee); (2) you can schedule a time to come back to the Vetro Studio and re-make your art piece!
- Kids of all ages are welcome to participate (children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in the gallery and in the studio at all times).
What to Wear/Bring:
- We recommend all clothing to be cotton
- Long pants recommended
- Closed-tipped shoes (i.e. tennis shoes)
- No billowy sleeves
- Long hair should be pulled back securely
- Sunglasses if you are sensitive to light
- Vetro’s Studio + Gallery will be CLOSED Thanksgiving and Christmas Day so our hardworking staff can spend the holidays with their families and friends!
- Sunday’s: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Closed Every Monday, except Monday, December 18th 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s, Thursday’s 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday’s – Saturday’s 10:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (Subject to change during holiday season)
Vetro’s parking lot becomes a Winter Wonderland during the month of December due to Grapevine’s “North Pole Express”. If you wish to “Help Make Your Own Ornament” or just browse through the Fine Art Glass Gallery for that “One-of-a-Kind Hand-blown Gift”, feel free to park behind the Studio under the Glassblowing Sign on Hudgins Street, or just across Main Street.
On the weekends during the North Pole Express, a shuttle service will also be available. Free shuttles run continuously from the free parking at the Grapevine Convention Center to the North Pole Express.
Parking with Free Shuttles provided at this location:
1) 1201 Municipal Way (Grapevine Public Library)
*Designated Parking area is to the east of the reserved Library patron parking.
Parking without Shuttle provided at these (2) locations:
1) 815 S. Main St (corner of Main Street & Dallas Road)
2) 400 W. Dallas Rd (across the street from the Police Department)
Handicap Parking is available at these locations:
1) 814 S. Main St., Chill Sports Bar & Grill
2) 815 S. Main St., corner of Main Street and Dallas Road
Reservations are available during other times of the week for groups with a minimum of 15 or more. Please call the Vetro Gallery for to schedule your group’s Christmas Help Create Events at 817-251-1668.
Watch the video below and see how you can be a part of the “World of Glassblowing”
EXTREME ORNAMENT MAKING