“TRADITIONAL ORNAMENT MAKING!”
Bring in the Holiday Season with Fire and Fun! Join us as we continue our ornament tradition; help Vetro’s glassblowers make your Hand-Blown Ornament. Select the color pallet of your choice – apply the color – and watch your ornament being created before your very eyes.
Bring the whole family to the Vetro Studio for a fun and unique experience. Our Ornament Help-Creates are great photo opportunities where memories and traditions are made! Details Below!
Price: $30 (plus tax) per ornament – First Come, First Serve ONLY – reservations are NOT required nor will be taken.
- You select colors from our four pre-selected color palettes of glass
- You apply the colors to the hot molten glass gather
- You stay by the artist while he/she blows out the ornament and adds a glass hook
- $30 per ornament (under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian)
“Traditional Ornaments” – Dates + Times:November: Saturday, November 22: 2pm-6pm Friday, November 28: 2pm-7pm Saturday, November 29: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Sunday, November 30: 11am-1pm, 2pm-6pm December: Friday, December 5: 2pm-6pm Saturday, December 6: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Sunday, December 7: 12pm-5pm Friday, December 12: 2pm-7pm Saturday, December 13: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Sunday, December 14: 12pm-6pm Friday, December 19: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Saturday, December 20: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Sunday, December 21: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Monday, December 22: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm Tuesday, December 23: 10am-1pm, 2pm-7pm
- Ornaments may be picked up the next business day after 3pm or shipped for an additional charge. Ornaments will not be available until 3pm the next business day.
- Due to the nature of glass, there is a possibility that your glass art piece could break or crack during the cooling process. If this happens, one of the gallery employees will call with two different options: (1) one of our glassblowers can re-make the glass art piece and you can pick it up or have it shipped (for an additional fee); (2) you can schedule a time to come back to the Vetro Studio and re-make your art piece!
- Kids of all ages are welcome to observe but must be 14 years of age or older for Extreme Ornament Making process.
Holiday Hours: Vetro Glassblowing Studio & Gallery will be CLOSED on the following days and times:
- Studio & Gallery closes at 2pm Wednesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Thursday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Friday, December 26
- Sunday, December 28
Your ornament will need about 24 hours to cool to room temperature. You may return on the following business day after 3pm to pick it up or you can have it shipped for an additional charge. Ornaments will not be ready until 3pm the following business day.
All details, hours, and video footage are in Gappa’s Events Calendar – click here.
No appointments are necessary or will be taken during scheduled “Traditional Ornament” times. ($30 per ornament) It is first-come, first-serve only. Reservations are available during other times of the week for groups with a minimum of 15. Please call the Studio for availability – 817-251-1668.
Help Create Ornament Color Options – 2014
For a BIGGER color selection and more participation with your Help-Create, you may be interested in our…
Location: 701 S. Main St., Studio 103, Historic Downtown Grapevine, Texas (Same parking lot as the Grapevine Vintage Railroad) – 817-251-1668
Watch the video below and see how you can be a part of the “World of Glassblowing”
Vetro’s parking lot becomes a Winter Wonderland during the month of December due to Grapevine’s “North Pole Express”. If you wish to “Help Make Your Own Ornament” or just browse through the Fine Art Glass Gallery for that “One-of-a-Kind Handblown Gift”, feel free to park behind the Studio on Hudgins Street, or just across Main Street.
On the weekends during the North Pole Express, a shuttle service will also be available. Once in Grapevine follow the signs to parking areas. Free shuttles run continuously from the free parking at the Grapevine Convention Center to the North Pole Express.
Free Parking: Grapevine Library 1209 South Main Street Shuttle drops off at the North Pole Express
Additional parking may also be found at American Locker Group parking lot – 815 S. Main Street
For information on the North Pole Express, feel free to visit Grapevine’s Website for further information.
“Help Create Hand-Blown Glass Ornaments at Vetro”